Apple Walnut Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 8 cups red leaf lettuce (chopped (about 1 head))
- 1 medium apple (cored and thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup red onions (thinly sliced)
- 3/4 cup walnuts (halved, roasted, then roughly chopped)
- 1/3 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey or maple syrup
- kosher salt (to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
Prepare the vinaigrette: in a small bowl, combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard, and honey. Whisk until blended. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Assemble the salad: in a large bowl combine the lettuce, apples, red onions, walnuts, and feta. Drizzle with desired amount of vinaigrette and serve immediately. You’ll have leftover vinaigrette, which can be refrigerated in an airtight container for at least one week, if not more.