Yield: 4-6 Servings | Prep Time: 1 hour 30 minutes | Source: www.myrecipes.com
- 5 medium red beets, unpeeled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1/2-pound pea shoots, tough stems trimmed, and shoots snipped into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 1/2 bunch fresh chives, chopped (about 3 tbsp.)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 to 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 1/2 firm-ripe avocados, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. Scrub beets and put in a baking pan large enough to arrange them in a single layer. Sprinkle with 1 tsp. salt. Cover with foil and roast until tender when pierced with the tip of a small, sharp knife, about 1 hour.
- Cool beets until cool enough to handle. Peel and cut into 1/2-in.-thick wedges.
- Combine pea shoots, shallot, chives, oil, lemon juice, and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt in a large bowl. Top with beets, avocados, and pepper, tossing just to coat.
- Make ahead: Roasted beets, up to 1 day (peel and slice just before making salad).