A cup of sunshine!
1. Juice your blood oranges. Then measure the juice.
2. For each 1 cup (250ml) of juice, figure 1/4 cup (50g) of organic granulated cane sugar to be added.
3. Put the sugar in a small, non-reactive saucepan. Add just enough juice to saturate it very well. Heat, stirring frequently, until the sugar is completely dissolved.
4. Stir the sugar back into the reserved blood orange juice.
5. Chill thoroughly, then freeze in your ice cream maker.
Original Recipe: http://www.davidlebovitz.com/2008/02/blood-orange-so/