Yield: 6 Servings | PrepTime: 30 minutes | Source: www.foodandwine.com
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large jalapeño, seeded and sliced
- 2 pounds sturdy greens, such as chard, mustard greens, kale or young collards—stems and inner ribs removed, leaves coarsely chopped
- Any other veggies that catch your eye!
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1-pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Walnuts (optional)
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil. Add the onion, garlic, jalapeño, and any other vegetables you might want to use and cook over moderate heat until softened, about 6 minutes.
- Add the greens, season with salt and pepper and toss to wilt. Stir in the tomatoes, water and vinegar, cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the greens are tender, and the tomatoes are soft, 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, garnish with chopped walnuts, and serve.