Yield: 6 Servings | Prep Time: 30 Minutes | Source: www.food52.com
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 7 to 8 ribs celery, roughly chopped
- 1 Lb. russet potatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cups water, plus more as needed
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth concentrate*
- 1 teaspoon celery seed, crushed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt the butter in a large pot or Dutch oven. Sauté the celery, potato, and onion until slightly softened, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the water and chicken concentrate (*or 3 cups of your favorite stock), bring to a boil, and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle in celery seed. In a blender or with a stick blender, puree soup until smooth, adding more water or stock as needed for desired thickness. Season to taste with salt and pepper.