Yield: 4 Servings | Prep Time: 40 Minutes | Source: www.allrecipes.com
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 large heads escarole
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 (16 ounce) cans cannellini beans, undrained
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Toss in escarole, turning to coat with oil. Season with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes, or until tender.
- In a separate skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Stir in garlic. Pour in beans with juices, and simmer until creamy, about 10 minutes. Stir in escarole and parsley; simmer 10 minutes more.