Green Bean and Stir-Fry Sesame Butternut Squash
- 1 medium butternut squash (peeled and chopped)
- 3 cups green beans (chopped)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ginger (minced)
Chop butternut squash and green beans into pieces.
Set a skillet on medium high heat and add sesame oil.
Once the skillet is hot, toss in butternut squash and green beans and cook for about 7 minutes, or until the veggies begin to sear.
Then, add minced ginger, apple honey and low sodium soy sauce. Stir quickly, ensuring all the vegetables are coated in the sauce and that the sauce does not burn. If you notice the sauce is burning, reduce the heat.
Garnish with sesame seeds and enjoy with quinoa or basmati brown rice.