Yep, that’s Kale Slaw – not cole slaw. The star of this little bowl of goodness is healthy, nutrient-rich kale. Not only is kale considered a “superfood” it’s delicious and versatile to use. Try it raw in salads, braised with garlic and olive oil, blanched in soups, or crisp-roasted in the oven. Whatever method you choose, kale is a keeper.
Kale Slaw Makes 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch kale, leaves thinly sliced OR bunch spinach
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 small red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, cut in 1/2 inch slivers
- 1-2 red fresno or serrano peppers, stemmed, seeded, minced
- 2 scallions, white and green parts thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill sprigs
- 1/4 cup cilantro or Italian parsley leaves
Combine lemon juice, mustard, cumin, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in oil in a steady stream to emulsify. Set aside.
Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle half of the vinaigrette over the salad and toss to thoroughly coat. Add additional vinaigrette to taste. Cover and refrigerate at least one hour and up to 4 hours. Serve with additional dill, cilantro or parsley sprigs as garnish.
*recipe taken from Gojee.com