When was the last time you went on a picnic? Now that Summer has officially started, why not enjoy it? Pack dinner, gather your friends and family, and head out on a lazy, sunny afternoon for a relaxed picnic.
Picnics are great for groups of all sizes. They feel romantic and intimate with your loved one, or fun and exciting with children. Even if you decide to go on a solo picnic with a good book you will end up feeling relaxed and re-energized.
If you're lucky enough to live in the Pacific NW, the options on where to go for a picnic are endless. If not, set up a blanket and plates in your own backyard!
Here's a few helpful tips from our friends at Table Talk by Rosanna:
– Plan a menu that's easy to pack. Think sandwiches, bags of cut up fruit and veggies, salads – simple no-muss, no-fuss foods that you enjoy.
– Don't forget the beverages! Try sparkling water with chopped fresh fruit or fresh lemonade for a change!
– Remember to pack the heaviest items at the bottom of your picnic basket – no one wants to eat a smashed sandwich!
– Keep one or two cold packs in your picnic basket to keep drinks and other chilled items cool.
– Don't forget the non-food essentials such as a good, heavy blanket (those with a waterproof bottom work best), flatware, napkins, plates, cups, and corkscrews. Fun items such as books, frisbees, horseshoes, playing cards, etc. And don't forget the sunglasses and SPF!
– Make sure to take trash bags – you don't want to leave a mess behind!
Have a great time!
Adapted from Table Talk by Rosanna.