Yield: 2 Servings | Prep Time: 25 Minutes | Source: www.adrianasbestrecipes.com
- 1 red Anjou pear
- 1 cup of turbinado sugar or sugar in the raw
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup of water
- Start by peeling the pears and cutting in halves. Using a melon baller remove the core where the seeds and with your hands remove the stem or leave if desired.
- In a medium size pan add the sugar, the cinnamon stick and the water.
- Then add the pears and cook at medium heat covered for 15 minutes.
- When ready serve on a nice plate and enjoy at room temperature.
- If desired, you can serve with vanilla ice-cream or fresh whipped cream.