Yield: 6 Servings | Prep Time: 25 Minutes | Source: www.soscuisine.com
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 12 cups red cabbage
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp ginger root, grated
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
- Ground pepper to taste (optional)
- ¼ cup creamy soy preparation for cooking (optional)
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- Prepare the vegetables: Chop the leek, garlic, and cabbage.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the leek and garlic, then sauté 3-4 min until softened. Grate the ginger and add it to the pan. Stir in the curry and cook 1 min with stirring. Lower to heat, then add the cabbage and cook 10 min with occasional stirring.
- Pour in the broth, bring it to a boil, cover and simmer until the cabbage is fully cooked, about 15 min. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Take the pan off the heat, let it cool down a few minutes then purée the soup in a blender or food processor. Adjust the seasoning, then ladle the soup into bowls. Garnish with soy preparation and chopped scallions, then serve (warm or at room temperature).