Red D’Anjou Pear and Broccoli Salad
For the dressing:
½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
pinch kosher salt
For the salad:
2 cups broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces (about 1 bunch)
¼ cup red onion, diced
½ cup walnuts or cashews
1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 to 2 ripe d’Anjou pears, cut into thin slices (about 1¾ cup after slicing)
Crumbled Roquefort, blue or gorgonzola cheese for serving, bacon bits
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil (like you would for cooking pasta).
- Dump your broccoli in the boiling water and cook for about 15 seconds. You want bright green broccoli, without loosing the crunch. Drain and rinse broccoli under cool water to stop the cooking process.
3. In a small container or jar, whisk or shake lemon juice and honey to combine until honey is completely dissolved. Whisk in cider vinegar, olive oil and salt, until completely blended.
4. In your serving bowl, place all the salad ingredients (broccoli, onion, walnuts, yellow bell pepper, and pears). Pour the dressing over and gently toss to coat.
5. Crumble blue or gorgonzola cheese, and/or bacon bits on top.
Serve and enjoy!
Recipe created by Marty, for the Klesick Family Farm