Prep Time: 45 Minutes | Source: www.wrightfamilytable.com
- 4-6 roma tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 medium sized anaheim peppers
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 1 mango (optional)
- Olive oil
- 1-2 small limes, juiced (to taste)
- ½-3/4 cup cilantro leaves, loosely packed
- Green onion to garnish
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Start the grill and make sure it gets up to temperature. If using an oven, preheat it to 425 degrees.
- Place tomatoes, onion, peppers, garlic, and mango (if using) on grill. (Using a grill wok for the smaller vegetables can be handy). A baking sheet will work for the oven just fine. Gently drizzle olive oil on the vegetables.
- Roast on the grill until vegetables become tender and begin to show nice color. (About 15 minutes). For the oven, roast veggies on baking sheet for 25-30 minutes.
- Let roasted vegetables cool about 5 minutes. Then dice them up to your desired size. A food processor can also be used to achieve a less chunky consistency.
- Combine all of the diced vegetables in a large bowl, add in lime juice and cilantro until desired consistency. Mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with green onion. Allow salsa to chill for at least an hour before serving.