A delightfully simple and delicious way to prepare yams without using extra sweetening. Serves 4
- 2 large yams, cut into 1/4 inch thick rounds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil or melted butter
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet or shallow baking dish with aluminum foil OR parchment paper.
- 2. Arrange the slices of yams in the prepared pan so they are overlapping slightly. Season with salt and pepper and then drizzle olive oil or melted butter over them as evenly as possible.
- 3. Bake in the preheated oven until potatoes are tender and have begun to wrinkle around the edges, about 30 minutes.