In the cooking world, beets are often referred to as “nature’s multivitamin” for their incredible range of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Although beets can be cooked in a variety of ways, roasting beets is one of the easiest and most delicious. Roasting beets intensifies their flavor, brings out their earthy sweetness, and makes their skin tender and easy to peel off.
Roasted beets are particularly delicious in beet salads or just as a complementing side dish. Check out the recipe below for easy and tasty Rosemary Roasted Beets.
- 5 Large beets, tops removed (reserve for another meal!)
- 4 small sprigs fresh rosemary, minced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 1-2 tbsp canola oil
- salt & pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F.
2.Peel the beets in the sink, with water running slightly. This helps to keep staining of your hands and cutting boards to a minimum. You could also fill the sink and do it under the water. Some people leave the skins on…
3. Cut beets into wedges (each beet should make 8 wedges).
4. In a large bowl, add beet wedges, minced rosemary and sliced garlic. Grind in some fresh salt and pepper and toss to coat.
5. Place in a shallow baking dish and cover. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
6. Uncover and bake for another 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for a few minutes before serving.
*Recipe taken from GuiltyKitchen.com.