Yield: 2 Servings | Prep Time: 20 minutes | Source: www.veggieloution.org
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. green beans, trimmed into 1-inch pieces
- 3 Tbsp. white wine (or substitute chicken broth, vegetable broth, or water)
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch kale, rinsed, large stems removed, and roughly chopped
- 1 lb. cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- juice from ½ a lemon (about 2 Tbs.)
- 3 Tbs. freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds, stirring frequently.
- Add the green beans and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the wine and cook until green beans are almost tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the red pepper flakes and the kale and cook until kale is wilted, about 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the cherry tomatoes and remove from heat.
- Stir in the lemon juice and the Parmesan cheese (if using).
- Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and serve immediately.