Serves 6 as a side
1.5 lbs red potatoes, cut in half (unless they are tiny, in which case, leave whole)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup of sour cream
3 tablespoons butter, melted
Coarse sea salt
Fresh ground black pepper
Handful of fresh chives
1. In a large pot, cover the potatoes with water and a lid and boil until fork tender. About 30 minutes or so depending on the size of your potatoes. Just test them with a fork every 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
3. Brush the bottom of a large baking sheet with olive oil.
4. Place the potatoes on the baking sheet with a few inches of space between each one.
5. Using a potato smasher, press each potato until the skin breaks and it resembles a lumpy potato cake.
6. Brush the top of each potato with the melted butter.
7. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
8. Bake for 15 minutes.
9. Top with a dollop of sour cream and fresh chopped chives. Enjoy!.
Recipe adapted from: foodfamilyfindscom