One of our favorite blogs shares this great recipe with us.
- 2 pounds carrots
- 1/2 medium onion, cut into half moons
- 1 medium green pepper, de-stemed and seeded and cut into strips
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup no salt added tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 2-3 tbsp raw honey (start with 2 tbsp and add more if you want a sweeter flavor)
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss the carrots in 1 tbsp of the oil and lay in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake until nicely roasted and tender.
- While the carrots are roasting heat 1 tbsp oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the onions and green pepper and sauté until tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pan and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cook 4-5 minutes.
- To serve you can either place the carrots in a serving bowl and pour the sauce over them or serve the carrots with sauce on the side.
Original recipe: http://www.thenakedkitchen.com/sweet-and-tangy-roasted-carrots/