Prep Time: 35 Minutes | Source: www.fitmittenkitchen.com
- 2 small carnival squash
- coconut oil (or avocado, olive)
- coconut sugar (or brown)
- cayenne pepper
- ground cinnamon
- all spice
- cashew or almond butter drizzle (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F and grease a medium baking sheet with oil. Set aside.
- Cut tops and bottom off of squash and slice into rings. Cut out center of each ring to remove seeds. –If your squash is really hard to cut, allow to soften in preheating oven for about 5-10 minutes.
- Place rings on greased baking sheet and drizzle with oil, about 1-2 tablespoons. Lightly sprinkle on cayenne pepper (to taste), ground cinnamon, all spice and coconut sugar (about 1/2 tablespoon or so). Use hands to rub everything in and make sure squash is evenly coated.
- Bake for 20 minutes before checking and gently flipping over. Sprinkle with more seasoning and sugar if you wish, bake for another 10-20 minutes until soft.
- Allow squash to rest/cool on pan before serving. Drizzle with cashew or almond butter if your heart desires. Enjoy!