• Mixed vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, sugar-snap peas, baby carrots, bell peppers etc.) – 3 cups(approx.) cut into medium pieces
• Onions – ½ medium
• Garlic – 1 clove
• Ginger – ¼ inch
• Red Curry Paste – 3 tsp
• Coconut Milk – ½ can
• Fresh Basil leaves – 5 to 6 count
• Fresh Lemon – ½ a lemon
• Oil for frying
• Salt to taste
• Black Pepper- ½ tsp
• Sugar – ½ tbsp
• Mix the Red Curry Paste along with the coconut milk. Keep it aside.
• Slice the onions, garlic and ginger.
• Heat a little oil in a wok.
• Add the onions followed by the garlic. Stir fry them for a minute and then add the fresh ginger to it.
• Add the vegetables to it and fry for about 2-3 minutes
• Add the red curry paste mixture and about ½ cup of water for the gravy.
• Let the vegetables cook in the gravy till done. Make sure that the veggies are not overcooked.
• Squeeze ½ tsp of fresh lemon juice and add a little lemon zest to the gravy.
• Tear the basil leaves and stir it in. Turn off the heat.
• Serve this with white or brown rice, preferably with jasmine rice.