Servings | Prep Time: 50
Minutes | Source: www.foodnetwork.com
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1-pound collard greens, chopped
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil and butter.
- Sauté the onions until slightly softened, about 2 minutes, then add the red pepper flakes and garlic, cook another minute.
- Add collard greens and cook another minute.
- Add the vegetable stock, cover and bring to a simmer. Cook until greens are tender, about 40 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.