I’m including plenty of alternative ingredients in parenthesis, because although the original recipe is the very best it can be, I want you to be able to work with what you have on hand.
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour (or all-purpose)
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground cinnamon (or 1 Tablespoon pre-ground)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup canola oil (or peanut)
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup buttermilk (or regular milk with a splash of vinegar)
- 1 cup organic Turbinado sugar (or brown sugar, firmly packed)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups finely grated zucchini
- 4 oz dark chocolate, chunked
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Oil a 9×4 inch loaf pan and line with parchment paper. Line a 6-cup muffin tin with papers OR oil a mini loaf pan.
- In a bowl, sift together dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy; beat in eggs, yogurt, buttermilk, oil, sugar, and vanilla. Combine well. Stir in grated zucchini and chopped chocolate.
- Fold flour mixture into the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Spoon batter into 6 muffin cups (or mini loaf pan) and pour the rest into the 9×4 loaf pan. Bake for approximately 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes in the pan. Loosen the sides and remove from pan. Cool loaf completely before cutting.
Original Recipe: http://www.simplebites.net/how-to-make-the-best-zucchini-bread-ever/