Yield: 6 Servings | Source: www.alaskafromscratch.com
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Lb Italian sausage (or veggies, canned beans, etc.)
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 small russet potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 cups kale, finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the olive oil.
- Brown the sausage until no longer pink.
- Add the red pepper flakes, garlic, and onion and cook, stirring often, until the onions a translucent and the garlic is fragrant, about 4 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, potatoes, and kale.
- Bring the broth to a simmer, reduce the heat to medium-low, and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the soup from the heat, stir in the cream, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into soup bowls and serve.